May 2017 – Present Microsoft Dynamics Retail Support Engineer
Microsoft Global location,
Main responsibilities are to support Micros Dynamics 365 Retail at a Technical Level
December 2016 – May 2017 Microsoft Dynamics AX Support Engineer
Microsoft Global location,
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Read more at https://news.microsoft.com/facts-about-microsoft/#Tt66LfXVMs0BWb8q.99
Main responsibilities are to support Micros Dynamics 365 for Operations at a Technical Level
October 2013 – August 2016 Systems and Software Manager
Industore Ltd, 1 Tollgate Close, Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8UE, United Kingdom
UK supplier of Hänel Automotive Storage Systems for Warehouse/Offices.
Customers included: GKN Aerospace, Siemens, BMW, Audi, GSK, Alstom Trains, Boston Medical
Main responsibilities were to assist sales with correct software solution, document specifications of solution, install/configure/implement software application and SQL Database server/database, interface with WM/ERP systems, train and support in various warehouse/office automotive storage solutions. Create software department procedures, documentation, improve company efficiencies within software, internal software training, improve software solution functionality during development stages from experience of warehouse solutions in storage automation.
Self Managed and reported direct to Managing Director
July 2007 – September 2013 Product Support Software Engineer
Kardex (UK), Hampshire, United Kingdom
UK supplier of Kardex Automotive Storage Systems for Warehouse/Offices.
Customers included: BAE, Anixter, BMW
Main responsibilities were to assist sales with correct software solution, document specifications of solution, install/configure/implement software application and SQL Database server/database, interface with WM/ERP systems, train and support in various warehouse/office automotive storage solutions. 24/7 hour customer support alternated between work colleagues based in other countries across company region.
Self Managed and reported direct to Operations Director.
July 2001 – June 2007 Software engineer
Hospitality EPoS Systems (is now called NCR), Clarence House, Rushmore Hill, Pratts Bottom, Orpington, Kent, BR6 7LZ, United Kingdom
UK supplier of Aloha and Panasonic EPoS systems.
Customers included: Nandos, Burger King, KFC, Giraffe
Main responsibilities were to configure/install/clone DELL computers and EPoS Terminals, setup LAN Network to all hardware, Remote Dial In configuration, install Aloha software and DB file/SQL databases, configure and create customer menus into system, train and support customer restaurant solution including repairs to terminals, printers, and software 24/7 hours per week alternated between work colleagues.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
March 2014 – April 2014 SQL Programming Language Introduction Completed
Learning Tree International (London)
▪ Write SQL code based on ANSI/ISO standards to build Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database structures • Update database content with SQL and transaction handling • Retrieve data with filter conditions and from multiple tables using various types of join • Process data with row and aggregate functions • Creating and modifying tables, constraints and indexes • Modifying table contents • Retrieving data from tables • Applying conditions to filter retrieved rows • Joining multiple tables • Applying row and aggregate functions
September 1996 – June 1998 Higher National Diploma in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management Completed
Cheltenham and Gloucester of Higher Education (United Kingdom)
▪ Full time education based on catering management level. Included into this course was Marketing, Finance, Law, information Technology, Craft and Group Training Techniques.
Mother tongue English
▪ Clear and concise 24/7 telephone support from myself to customers and other work colleagues.
▪ Team work: I have worked in various types of teams from sales teams to installation teams. For 10 years I have worked along-side sales to gather as much information from customers on their requirements and project-manage with the team in implementing the solutions. As a team player I have always acquired and shared information with the installation team by verbal or creating documentation to help them to implement and support customer solutions in the most effective and efficient way.
▪ Intercultural skills: I am experienced at working in a European dimension due to interacting, gathering information and sending out information/communication with other nationalities whilst building strong relationships across the globe to help myself be more effective, knowledgeable and helpful to others within my industry.
Organisational / managerial skills ▪ Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, as last two jobs was based from home
▪ Self motivated, as last two jobs was based from home
Computer skills ▪ Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems XP, Win7/8/10, supported from 15 years of verbal/written instructions to customers over telephone on how to configure software from office, onsite and roadside.
▪ Intermediate Microsoft networking knowledge acquired over 15 years experience with various hardware and software applications interfaced alongside customer securities/networks.
▪ Efficient knowledge supported by 10 years of installation, implementing, configuration and support of MS SQL server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 with various applications linked to these databases
▪ 15 years experience installation, implementing, configuration of remote access software/VPN including, PCAnywhere, Teamviewer, UltraVNC,
Other skills ▪ Ability to self-teach and motivate myself whilst teaching others with all applications/hardware and operating systems that I have used over the past 15 years from internet/manuals and experience due to poor training given by previous companies.
▪ Competent group trainer supported by qualifications in Training techniques and 15 years of training customers on various software applications and 1st line support training for their IT departments with self creation of customised documentation to accompany the training.
▪ 15 years experience of 2nd and 3rd line support for company application software and MS operating systems.
▪ 10 years experience in project managing and documentation writing for customer application solutions, internal and external training/department improvement procedures and documentation, 75% involved in writing software support contract for last company.